Search This Blog

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Get Lost

Every summer for many years my father and I would go backpacking with a couple of friends. Every year we would get lost for about an hour or so. Didn't matter that Dad had a GPS and that we all carried maps and compasses and had been over them many times. After the first couple of times, we just came to expect it and were able to enjoy ourselves knowing that we would find ourselves soon enough. I am happy to report that no harm ever came to us and we always made it out (eventually).

Because of this long tradition of getting lost, I was quite pleased when I read this KXCD comic.

I've tried it a couple of times since then and it was entertaining to try to find civilization after landing myself in what turned out to be the middle of Nevada. I'm getting lost tomorrow for a variety of reasons. Go ahead and try the Google maps for some random fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment